So the big Bachelor news this season is that The Bachelor host himself, Chris Harrison, divorced his wife of 18 years, Gwen. For the past 16 seasons of The Bachelor, and for the past 8 seasons of The Bachelorette, we have watched Chris, the consummate professional love advisor extraordinaire, situation arbiter, relationship negotiator, arm-chair psychologist, mediator, conciliator, go-between, peacemaker, life coach, and kindhearted shoulder to cry on guide contestants through a vast array of heart-wrenching situations. But now it’s Chris’ turn to sit in The Bachelor “hot seat” and deal with a serious personal situation. And as with everything Chris does, he recently discussed his personal love situation with the utmost professionalism and discretion on Ryan Seacrest’s radio show:
Chris tells Ryan, “It was easily one of the toughest, biggest decisions I’ve ever made. We have 22 years of history together, and we remain the best of friends, and so far it’s been nothing but the best something like this can go.” He laughs off the rumors that he will be the next Bachelor, saying he needs time before “I begin my next journey for love.”
As I was watching the premiere Monday night, I gotta say, I could tell Chris was kind of not “feelin’ it” and now it’s clear that he was struggling with the ending of his 18-year marriage during the filming of the show — a detail he apparently kept secret from everyone on the show, including Emily.
Chris also opened up to Us Magazine about the recent events:
“I’ve learned so much about just myself, life, love over the years. I’m a lot more patient, a lot more understanding,” Harrison said.
“Now having felt heartbreak, I know what these people have gone through and what they’re searching for,” continues Harrison, who has a son, Joshua, 9, and a daughter, Taylor, 7, with his ex. “Everybody wants love; everybody wants companionship and that’s what makes this show so simple but so genius.”
This is why we LOVE Chris!!! There is no situation he can’t handle.
Chris also contends that Emily’s decision to do the show was a home-run and the big challenge was getting her to agree to do it.
- ‘The Bachelorette Season 8′ episode 1 recap: Your faves weigh in
- Weigh-in on Bachelorette Emily Maynard Season 8 poll
- ‘The Bachelorette Season 8′: Get ready for the situations to begin!
- Submitted Situation: Things I’ve found inside people’s pianos
- The GOP Primary: pervasive election fraud steals the nomination for CEO fave Mitt Romney
- Mega situation: the fate of the world now hangs on Fukushima’s reactor 4
- Situation: ‘Bachelor’ host Chris Harrison and wife separate
- ‘The Bachelorette Emily Maynard Season 8′: bad boy Arie Luydendyk Jr. has a romantic history with producer