29 Commercial Banker Derek Peth looks like one to watch on The Bachelorette this season. He is handsome, successful, talented and has an interesting back story.
1. He’s from a small town called Waverly, Iowa, population 9,874.
2. He is very Christian. In fact he attended a four-year Evangelical Lutheran Church liberal arts college: Wartburg College in in Waverly, Iowa.
3. He is very tall—like Ben Higgins tall 6’3”.
4. His parents, mother Maria Peth, 56 and father Dick Peth, 59 have been married for 33 years–always a good sign.
In fact in his ABC bio he said, “I’ve seen my parents work through life’s challenges and successes for 33 years, so I’m looking for someone ready to give as much as I will to make life fun and fulfilled.”
5. His father was inducted into the Wisconsin High School Basketball Coaches Association Hall of Fame.
6. His mother Maria Gurney Peth PhD is very New Age. She is an ‘inspirational teacher, social psychologist, author and transformational soul coach’. Oh dear God! With all due respect I am so over ‘The Secret’. JZ Knight and Abraham Hicks are so 2007.
7. He is a really amazing singer. Check out the video of him performing the Ed Sheeran song ’Thinking Out Loud’ with Brittni Donaldson.
8. He has a younger sister named Rachel Peth.