Thirty-one-year-old Peter Kraus is one young man you will meet when The Bachelorette premieres at the end of this month and I suspect the handsome model will be pretty popular with fans.
1. His Job: Peter Kraus is a mid-west boy from Madison, Wisconsin. He’s a Dietician/Personal Trainer and quite a successful model. In fact if he looks familiar, you may have seen on TV before. He stars on the ubiquitous Jos A Bank commercials, as well as in a number of print ads.
2. His parents: His father is 59-year-old Gary Kraus, manager of a Panera bakery and restaurant on Fish Hatchery Road in Fitchburg, Wisconsin.
And his mom is 57-year-old Lynn Kraus, a travel agent with Middleton Travel. Lynn also works in the emergency room at Meriter Hospital.
4. He had an eating disorder: Interesting that dad is the manager of a bakery given Peter’s history with an eating disorder.
On his personal website he describes the situation,
“My passion for fitness began early, playing baseball, soccer, basketball and football through my high school years. But at the age of 19 I developed an eating disorder while pursuing a modeling career, and my health and fitness began to rapidly decline. I realized that I hadn’t the slightest idea of what it meant to be truly fit or healthy, and in the winter of 2007 I hit rock bottom. So that spring I decided that it was time for a change and enrolled myself in the dietetics program at Madison College.”
I suspect we will get a good first date overshare circa Kacie B from Ben Flajnik’s season. ABC loves a good eating disorder overshare.
6. His height: Pete is an astounding 6′-3″ tall!
7. Peter is also a volunteer at the Make-A-Wish Foundation.
8. He gets the first one-on-one date with Rachel which always bodes well.
9. He’s a Christian which will definitely be important to Rachel Lindsay who is also a Christian.
The Bachelorette premieres May 22nd on ABC.