I have to admit that I had not heard of 35-year-old model Calum Best until the cast of Famously Single was announced, but Calum will star on the show alongside of some of reality televisions most notorious D-List celebrities in an effort to address their relationship issues.
So with that said here are some interesting things to know about Calum.
1. He is British but was born in San Jose, California on February 6, 1981, to mother English model Angie Best, and father professional footballer George Best.
2. He was raised in Los Angeles. Best graduated from Malibu High School. He moved to the UK when he was 21.
3. He has a daughter — Amelia Lucie Hogan born December 19th 2006 with baby mama model Lorna Hogan.
4. He dated Lindsay Lohan from April-May 2007 and Georgia Salpa
5. He was raised by his mom Angie Best. His parents divorced at a young age.
6. His mother was a personal fitness trainer and trained Cher.
7. His middle name is Milan, after his his father’s lifelong friend, chairman of Portsmouth Football Club and Calum’s Godfather Milan Manderic.
8. His father was a serious alcoholic prompting Calum to support the UK charity, National Association for Children of Alcoholics (“Nacoa”).
9. He started modeling in his mid-teens
10. This is not the first time he has done a reality dating show. In 2005 and 2006 he was featured in ITV1’s Celebrity Love Island.
11. He hooks up with Brandi Glanville on Famously Single. Yes the hot model hooks up with resident cougar 43-year-old real Housewives of Beverly Hills star Brandi Glanville and it looks like it gets messy.
Calum will join RHOBH star Brandi Glanville, model Jessica White, Love & Hip Hop Hollywood‘s Somaya Reece, former Danity Kane singer Aubrey O’Day, Jersey Shore DJ Pauly D, The Bachelorette‘s Josh Murray, and pro football player Willis McGahee.