7 Things to know about Bachelorette favorite Luke Parker
1. Luke lives in Gainesville, GA. but he’s originally from Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida.
2. He played college baseball at Faulkner University and High Point University.
3. At Faulkner University in Alabama, he studied sports management.
4. His family submitted his application for the show after watching him endure a painful breakup last year.
“This time last year, he went through a bad break up,” Hannah Parker, Luke’s sister-in-law said in an interview in the Gainesville Times. ”I watch the show, so my husband and I were just sitting there and I was like, ‘I’m going to apply Luke for the show and just see what happens,’ thinking he had no chance of getting on the show.”
5. He’s a very devoted Christian.
Luke is a member at Christ Place Church and teaches Sunday school classes.
“He wants to share his faith and he wants to share his faith on national TV,” Robertson said. “He believes God has given him this opportunity to go out there, and he doesn’t know what‘s going to happen to him there, but he’s praying for opportunities.”
6. As for his occupation…his LinkedIn account says he’s an entrepreneur and a Cross-Fit trainer part-time
Lukes fitness coach at North Forsyth Training and Fitness, Jesse Foster, said Luke is “genuine, encouraging and the kind of guy anyone would want to get to know.”
“Guys, we battle with our egos,” Foster said. “But Luke is the opposite. When he meets people, he is 100 percent meeting them and getting to know what they’re about. And he’s really looking to learn … If he meets you he wants to know about you.”
7. Luke get’s Hannah’s first impression rose.
“You are absolutely stunning,” Luke, told Brown in front of a studio audience. “You are the only one that I wanted to be the next bachelorette. And now that I’m here actually holding your hands, in real life, seriously this is just blowing my mind and I seriously cannot wait to get to know you on a deeper level and just go on this adventure with you.”