Corinne Olympios’ drunken misconduct gets Bachelor in Paradise shut-down!
Wow! It’s hard to imagine that any behavior could be so egregious and shocking that ABC would shut down production of Bachelor in Paradise. After all the show depends on shocking behavior! But if anyone could do it, 24-year-old Corinne Olympios could.
ABC announced they’d halted production in Sayulita, Mexico on Sunday. “We have become aware of allegations of misconduct on the set of Bachelor in Paradise in Mexico,” Warner Bros. said in a statement. “We have suspended production and we are conducting a thorough investigation of these allegations. Once the investigation is complete, we will take appropriate responsive action.”
Now we know why Corinne needs a full-time nanny! According to one of my favorite Bachelor writers, Amy Kaufman it was the inappropriate behavior of Corinne Olympios and bad boy DeMario Jackson that pushed producers over the edge.
“On the first day of production, Sunday, DeMario and Corinne got extremely drunk, per my source,” Kaufman tweeted. “Corinne came up to DeMario at the bar and kissed him. They proceeded to the pool, where they got naked. From this point forward, things turned into ‘soft core porn.’ They did not have sex. But it was very raunchy.” A BiP producer who witnessed the hook-up is now suing the show for misconduct.
UPDATE: Corinne releases statement
Corinne released this statement. She does not use the word ‘rape’, but she certainly leaves room for the possibility by saying she has ‘little memory’ of what happened:
“I am a victim and have spent the last week trying to make sense of what happened on June 4. Although I have little memory of that night, something bad obviously took place, which I understand is why production on the show has now been suspended and a producer on the show has filed a complaint against the production. As a woman, this is my worst nightmare and it has now become my reality. As I pursue the details and facts surrounding that night and the immediate days after, I have retained a group of professionals to ensure that what happened on June 4 comes to light and I can continue my life, including hiring an attorney to obtain justice and seeking therapy to begin dealing with the physical and emotional trauma stemming from that evening.”
Alright, something is off here. A producer who witnesses sexual misconduct on every season of the show feels compelled to sue the show because two contestants had sexual chemistry and got a little carried away prior to finding a private space? When I saw the headline that the show had been shut-down due to ‘misconduct’ I thought surely someone had been raped or almost raped, or a producer had become aggressive with a woman, but it looks like the ‘misconduct’ was consensual and the result of too many cocktails between contestants! That is what is raising flags for me.
The one thing that comes to mind is the possibility that the producer wanted to intervene and slow things down and was told not to interfere.
The other more sinister possibility is that the outraged producer was a shill to begin with looking for a way to take down the show. Why would a producer put their job jeopardy like that? Wouldn’t they be more likely to try and settle the altercation quietly and peacefully? Something seems off to me. I will be curious to hear the name of the producer filing the suit.
I doubt the show will actually be cancelled. This sounds to me like BiP production following the orders of their attorneys and looking like they are doing due diligence. Once that’s down I suspect the show will begin filming again.
Corinne and DeMario will join Vinny Ventiera, Ben Zorn, Jasmine Goode, Alex Woytkiw, Danielle Maltby, DeMario Jackson, Taylor Nolan, Nick Benvenutti, Alexis Waters, Robby Hayes, Kristina Schulman, Derek Peth, Lacey Mark, and Amanda Stanton.